Thursday, June 28, 2012

Eomer Costume

Hi Everyone!

My latest project has been an Eomer Costume, and I must say I am having a LOT of fun with it! 
The main page that I am using for research is from here at Alley Cat Scratch. 

There are so many amazing details on the armor!  I really love the weathered look that it has. 

Unsurprisingly, I am making the armor out of foam.  I has totally fallen in love with craft foam--I used to think that it was just... well, for the kind of projects you can buy in bulk for toddlers to make.  But there are actually SO many possibilities, it is just awesome! 
The amazing Jedi Elf Queen has a fabulous tutorial on making Eomer's armor from foam/fabric, which can be found here

Here is a progress pic (SO sorry that the picture is low quality!):





Here is a picture of the real armor:


I think once I get a good coat of metallic paint of the silver details, it should look about 10 times better!  I LOVE metallic paint!

It still needs a lot of work, but I really like how it is turning out! :)

Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment