Monday, June 18, 2012

Legolas Knife Replica

Hi Everyone!

I've been trying to recreate some props from LOTR.  Legolas, one of the elves, has a really awesome knife that I thought I could try to make a replica of.

Here is the knife I made, using this tutorial for a starting point.







I made the little sheath to match as well.  No worries--the knife is really, really dull and thin metal. 
The designs on the blade and handle were painted on with some gold stencil paint I had on hand.  The paint is beautiful, however I ran into quite a few problems with it.  I painted it on one morning and then left it to dry.  Next morning:  Still wet.  It refused to dry, it rubbed off if anything touched it--it was SUCH a pain!  Thankfully, mod podge came to the rescue.  A thin layer over everything and it was fine!  Phew! 

Have a fabulous day!


No comments:

Post a Comment